Good evening Roadrunners. This weather has been all over the place lately. As I type this Sunday afternoon I’m watching several neighborhood Randolph kids running around in short sleeve shirts. I hope all of you got to enjoy some outside time! This week is a busy one and I’ve also got to share information for several groups. Let’s start with all the announcements:
- Kindergarten is in its final week collecting donations for their Journey Project called Paws for Hope. They have been collecting animal shelter donations. Check out this informative (and cute) video they made last week. All donations should be in by Thursday to present to the animal shelter on Thursday evening.
- One of our Destination Imagination teams is working on supporting the community by accepting closing donations for the Goochland Clothes Closet (part of the Goochland Cares Free Clinic and Family Services). You can bring new or lightly used clothes to the school or to the PTA meeting on Thursday night.
- Please look for the PTA “Unspaghetti Dinner” flyer on Monday. The flyer is also an order form for food and game tickets for our big Friday, March 16th event. Also just as important is the class basket information on the back. Room parents or teachers should be sending out requests for the class baskets. The theme for your child’s basket will be on the back of the dinner flyer.
- 4th and 5th grade students, a reminder about the “Love My Pet” essay contest. The flyer is attached.
And looking at the calendar:
- Monday morning our fourth and fifth graders will be enjoying a Repertory Theater performance thanks to PTA funding. The SCA officers and a few other students will be staying after school for an SCA working meeting.
- Tuesday starts our PTA after-school programs. You should have received an email telling you the class your student is signed up to attend. Please call the school if you did not get that email. That evening Lego Robotics will be honored at the School Board Meeting. This month is School Board Appreciation month. So if you know any of the board personally you may wish to send them an email of thanks.
- On Thursday night we’ll have a PTA Meeting, Kindergarten Journey Project presentation, and a musical performance by the Orff musical group. You can bring donations for the animal shelter as well as clothing donations for the Goochland Clothes Closet
- And 5th graders have a field trip to Maggie Walker and the Science Museum on Friday.