We are packing a lot into this last week before Spring Break! I’ll give you the rundown that is probably easier to look at online:
- First, Third and Fifth grade will be MAPS testing on Monday.
- Third and Fourth will finish up their testing on Tuesday. That afternoon Ms. Hanna and I will be teaching Family Life during Encore for Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades. If you did not turn in a form stating yes or no your child will not attend and read or work on ST Math with Encore teacher supervision.
- Second and Fifth grade will MAPS test on Wednesday. Fourth is headed to Hanover Tavern for a field trip. The Orff Musical Ensemble will have a closing party after school.
- Second grade will finish up MAPS testing on Thursday. 3rd Grade is headed on a Monticello Field Trip. Many of our Fourth and Fifth Graders are headed to Goochland Elementary for the big Reading Olympics Tournament.
- On Friday there will be many spring classroom parties. Your teacher or room parent should have been in touch about this. We’ll also have 15 high school students visiting and volunteering around the school in the morning.
It will be normal dismissal on Friday and then we won’t see you again until Monday, April 9th. Second grade will be starting their swim program that week, so I hope you’ve gotten permission for that squared away. I see the Fifth Grade Field Trip to Washington D. C. on the calendar for April 13th. So you should have those forms in this week.
I hope you have a great week and a wonderful spring break. Make sure to fit plenty of physical activity and reading into every day!