Hey there Roadrunners. I hope that you’ve had a wonderful weekend!
Here are this week’s announcements:
- The Paws for Books Book Fair opens on Tuesday, April 24 with Preview Day. Students will be able to get a first look at the items for sale and make wish lists of their favorite books. Shopping days continue throughout the week and into the beginning of next week. NEW to the Book Fair this year is eWallet, which gives students a secure, cash-free way to shop the fair. Parents can create an eWallet account that will only be charged for what is purchased (up to the spending limit they selected). The preauthorized amount will expire after the last day of the book fair. You can click here to visit the RES Book Fair website to learn more about the eWallet payment system, schedules, and more! We will continue to collect spare change for the All for Books program, this time to ensure that all of our Reading Roadrunners have access to books at home. Thank you for your support! There are still several slots left for your child to read to the Assistance dogs. Click the link to sign-up for a time.
- I’m sure many of you have been signing your children up for summer camps and other opportunities. Please consider the Goochland Schools STEM Camp which runs from June 18-22. Please call the school if you need another registration form.
- Here are the links to take you to the county School Climate Survey, yearbook order form, and Goochland Education Foundation Gala.
- A note about iPad etiquette. This year we’ve had an increase in shattered screens, and damaged cases. Please take a moment to talk to your child about respecting this expensive resource. Unless there is a major technology change the device follows a child through eighth grade.
And for the calendar:
- This whole week we will be celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week! You should have gotten some information from a room parent about suggested ways to honor our wonderful team. There are a few more spots left for the Tuesday breakfast, Wednesday snacks, and Thursday snacks donations. Thanks to many of you that already signed up.
- Monday is a teacher workday. So please remember – we have no school tomorrow!
- Tuesday is the first day of the book fair and that evening is the Variety Show Dress Rehearsal.
- Thursday evening we have a PTA Meeting, the Book Fair and the Randolph Art & Variety Show at 6:30pm. I’ve neglected to mention that Amy Heilmann has spent the last few weeks mounting a ton of student work. So on your way in and out of the building please take the time to appreciate the amazing things our kids have created.
- Friday has a 3rd grade field trip to Byrd Elementary for Arbor Day. That evening the high school production of Fiddler on the Roof kicks off at 7pm. They also have a 7pm Saturday and a 2:30 Sunday production.
See you on Tuesday!