What a super sunny weekend! I hope everyone got to enjoy it. It was great to see so many Randolph families and staff at the Goochland Education Foundation’s Gala. We are blessed to be supported by such a wonderful organization! While I’m dishing out the kudos I’d also like to recognize Alden Blevins, Amy Heilman and several teachers for the work on the Variety and Art Show. The kids did a tremendous job performing on Thursday. And the artwork covering the hallways was amazing to see. Many thanks go out to Sue Vaughan and the staff and parents supporting the book fair. Several kids had the opportunity to read to a dog thanks to Sprite’s Hero’s volunteers. And lastly, my thanks to Sherrill Kauffman for helping on the Student Council setup and assembly. Students vote on Monday during lunch. All of the candidates were so well spoken during the Friday afternoon assembly.
A few announcements:
- Please use the car drop off line between 8am and 8:20am if only dropping off your kids. If you are bringing projects into the building please walk closely to your children and walk at the painted or marked crosswalks. Bus drivers had some recent close calls that are concerning.
- The book fair is open for final orders on Monday and Tuesday this week.
- This is the final full week to order your yearbook online.
And for the calendar:
- Kindergarten has a field trip to Maymont on Wednesday. First Grade is headed to Byrd Elementary to meet with their Pen Pals.
- Thursday morning we will honor our volunteers with a light thank you breakfast in the library at 8:30am. As many of you have work, please know that we appreciate you a lot. Our awesome school would not be so awesome without you being so awesome.