This is my second to last message to you as summer break is just around the corner. I wanted to go ahead and call on Sunday as usual just to remind everyone that there is no school tomorrow, Monday, May 28th.
- This week we have a 2nd grade field trip to Lewis Ginter on Tuesday.
- Field Day is on Wednesday the 30th. It ends up the staff is taking care of manning all stations, but you are welcome to come cheer on your kids and help refill water bottles. Times are as follows: K-2 = 8:30a-10:30a; Pre_K = 10:30a-11:00a; 3-5 = 11:30a-1:30p.
- 5th grade graduation is on Thursday, the 31st at 8:30am, Kindergarten celebration is at 1:30pm.
- 1st and 2nd awards is on June 1st at 8:30am and 3rd and 4th awards are at 1:30pm. Also on Friday, June 1st our 5th graders are headed to the YMCA pool from 10am to 2pm. Make sure you have packed them with a suit, towel, and sunscreen!
Next week (June 4th & 5th) on Monday the 5th grade heads to the Shenandoah National Park for an awesome opportunity sponsored by the Luck Companies and Goochland Education Foundations. Tuesday we’ll have our traditional morning sing-along assembly, concluding the year with a 1pm dismissal. Please make sure you have arrangements made to receive your child home two hours and fifteen minutes early. Please note that due to several students not riding the bus on the last day of school may make for early bus drop off in the afternoon.
- We’ve received almost 80 to 90 Journey School surveys online and by paper. Please send in the paper copy Tuesday morning or take the survey online. We’ll be tabulating the results on Wednesday.
- A reminder from the cafeteria. Send in daily lunch and breakfast payment or make sure your account is in the positive. If it drops into a negative, student will be given a sandwich. Unfortunately, our cafeteria operates at a break-even rate, so it hurts the school when meals are not covered appropriately. Positive account balances will carry over to next year for RES and rising GMS students.
- 3rd, 4th, a 5th graders – great job turning in iPads and other items. I think we have 34 families that still need to turn in the block charger and cord. Please make sure to get those in as soon as possible as this is over $1000 in total inventory.
- Something new exciting from the PTA – summer meetups. Kelley Kemp, our PTA president, is going to soon publish some summer gathering ideas around Goochland. Make sure to bookmark the PTA Facebook Page and check back there soon for what will likely be the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the summer months. It will be a nice way to see some familiar Randolph faces as we enjoy the summer together.
- Also from the PTA – you will see some Warrior Dash sponsor forms coming home. We have found more success finding sponsors if you help us to reach out throughout the summer instead of as things get really busy with the start of the school year. Many of our RES families own or work with companies that sponsor us every year. Thank you. We welcome everyone to reach out to other businesses that you frequently interact with as they may be interested in helping to support our school.
- Lastly, I’m sharing some news from the YMCA. They have an 11 to 18-year-old program offering free summer visits and reduced rates. I know some of our families have older siblings, so I thought I’d share it with everyone.