Good evening Randolph Families!
And this is it – we are bringing the 2017-2018 school year to a close. We had a packed house (and parking lots) for our award and graduation events. A lot of families also visited on Field Day. I was so happy that the thunderstorms held off so our kids could enjoy outside activities. Thank you for coming to support us through all of the events. I know many families were working too – so I hope you got to hear about the excitement and celebrations that happened this past week.
This week we are in school on Monday and Tuesday with a 1:00pm dismissal. Car line doors will open at 1pm so you can start arriving at 12:50pm. Buses will roll out around 1:10pm instead of 3:18pm. As buses may be more empty than usual please know that your bus time may be 2 hours and 10 minutes to 2 hours and 20 minutes earlier.
A big reminder for 5th grade. Students should be dropped off by car at 7:15 at the school for the Shenandoah field trip. You cannot use the morning bus transportation as it arrives too late. Students must also be picked up at 5pm at the school. I know this is an inconvenience, but it is an amazing opportunity for our 5th graders. So again – 7:15am drop off and 5:00pm pickup on Monday for 5th grade.
Tuesday we’ll have our traditional morning sing along assembly, concluding the year with a 1pm dismissal.
- Please make sure your child has breakfast and/or lunch money this week.
- If your student had medication in the clinic please come pick it up this week. We cannot send it home with a child and cannot store it over the summer.
- Report cards will be sent home Tuesday. If your child is not here that day please stop by the office Monday through Thursday this summer.
- The Randolph PTA summer meet ups mentioned last week were posted to the PTA Facebook Page. Here they are:
- June 8 @ 10 a.m. Hidden Rock Park
- June 22 @ 1 p.m. the Goochland YMCA
- July 13 @1 p.m. the splash pad at Twin Hickory
- July 27 @ 10 a.m. Deep Run
- August 10 @ 10 a.m. playground at the school.
I’m sure I’ll see many of you around Goochland this summer. I look forward to seeing everyone at Randolph on Thursday, August 16th between 3-7pm for our Business Night and classroom visit event. Of course I won’t see our 5th grade graduates! I wish them the best at GMS. Summer office hours are typically 7:30am to 5pm Monday through Thursday, with some vacation closures.
Have fun and read lots this summer. Take care.