I hope that everyone is getting into a comfortable routine now that we are into the 2018-2019 school year. Let’s go over the calendar for this week first.
- Wednesday is picture day! Forms have gone home if you’d like to select packages and add-ons and pay with a check. I’d highly recommend the online selection and payment process as you earn rewards and have more options. Visit mylifetouch.com and use this Picture Day ID: RV018030Q0.
- Thursday evening at 6:30pm is our big PTA kickoff. After a welcoming meeting in the cafeteria families will be able to visit classrooms. Students and staff have been working hard and they’d love to share all that they have done. It’s also the perfect time to make sure you are signed in and signed up for classroom communications. Can you give us a hand feeding our staff between their 3:30 staff meeting and the 6:30 PTA event? Please visit this Sign Up Genius Link and help grab some pizza and salad for our staff to eat at 5pm. Last I checked we still needed 8 more pizzas to have enough for our crew.
- On Friday Reading Olympics forms are due for 4th and 5th graders. Box tops are due for this first time this year. This really helps us purchase many school wide supplies like playground and art equipment. Lastly, students will be attending our Roadrunner Warrior assembly on Friday afternoon. Please check back packs Friday afternoon as they will contain information about our huge PTA fundraiser!
- Please make sure to go through the volunteer background check procedure if you plan to go on field trips or volunteer at the school this year. Field trips for some grade levels start next week and the checking process takes several days. So please do this on Monday or Tuesday. This is for the safety of our children and staff.
- The PTA is doing something new with Spirit Wear. Colorful shirt flyers went home last week. You can also visit spiritandpride.com and enter School ID # 194031.
- Here is a link to the Free and Reduced Meal form that was sent home in the opening year packet. A family must fill out a new form every year. The federal program gives several weeks under last years program for this year, but this will soon run out and families will then start getting charged full meal prices. Please fill out the form and submit necessary paperwork soon.
- Related to the Roadrunner Warrior Fundraiser we also have the opportunity for businesses to serve as an event sponsor and have their names printed on the back of the t-shirts the kids and staff will wear. Here is a link to the corporate sponsor form. The deadline is September 21.