Good evening Randolph Families! I hope that all of you have been weathering the storm. As of my Saturday recording of this message Richmond seemed to be fairing well. But I know that some of you are hosting family that traveled up or in from the coast. I hope that they are all ok.
- Monday is 2nd Grade’s Journey Project kickoff – so 2nd grade families, ask your kids how it went!
- Tuesday our Kindergartners are off to Carter Mountain to pick some apples.
- Wednesday is picture day! Again I suggest visiting mylifetouch.com and use this Picture Day ID: RV018030Q0. This is a school fundraiser and we get part of the proceeds.
- On Thursday 3rd grade heads to The Valentine Museum.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade families receive interim reports, to update you regarding your child’s progress halfway through the 1st nine weeks.
- Thursday evening at 6:30pm is our rescheduled PTA kickoff. You’ll start in the cafeteria and then go to the classrooms where we’d like to get you signed up and signed in to our electric systems. Thanks to those of you that signed up to feed our teachers at 5pm. A special note for some classrooms. With our rescheduled date there are some teachers that could not make it this week. They will inform you if they are not able to attend. We still welcome you to the first PTA meeting and to walk around the building.
- On Friday, Schools are closed for a staff workday.
A few other announcements:
- The cafeteria menu may be off this week due to unknown hurricane power outages affecting our weekly ordering. I do not have specifics to share, but thought I should let you know if kids come home talking about the menu being wrong.
- We have our first class that has reached 100% PTA Signup Participation! Congratulations to Mrs. Harris’ 1st grade class. You’ll enjoy a pizza party! We are still doing a weekly drawing for students. So please join if you haven’t had a chance! We are happy to help you out at our Thursday evening event!
- Kids should have brought home Roadrunner Warrior envelopes from our Friday afternoon assembly. We are asking that all students send out 10 letters or emails asking for support. By asking for 10, they will get entered into a drawing that may win them the chance to dunk several staff members (including myself) into a dunk tank on October 19th! Please let me know if you have questions about our the fundraising packet.
- Please make sure to go through the volunteer background check procedure if you plan to go on field trips or volunteer at the school this year. Field trips for some grade levels start next week and the checking process takes several days. So please do this on Monday or Tuesday. This is for the safety of our children and staff.
- The PTA is doing something new with Spirit Wear. You can also visit spiritandpride.com and enter School ID # 194031.
- Here is a link to the Free and Reduced Meal form that was sent home in the opening year packet. A family must fill out a new form every year. The federal program gives several weeks under last years program for this year, but this will soon run out and families will then start getting charged full meal prices. Please fill out the form and submit necessary paperwork soon.
- Related to the Roadrunner Warrior Fundraiser we also have the opportunity for businesses to serve as an event sponsor and have their names printed on the back of the t-shirts the kids and staff will wear. Here is a link to the corporate sponsor form. The deadline is September 21.