Cold and Flu season is among us! Please follow these guidelines when deciding when to keep students home and return them after illnesses. Students should not be in school if they have the following symptoms and should remain home for 24 hours after they subside:
- A fever of 100.0 degrees or greater (May return 24 hours after fever free without the use of fever reducing medication)
- Vomiting or diarrhea because of illness.
- An unknown rash or possible contagious condition.
- Are unable to focus due to: pain, chronic health condition and acute illness.
- Flu-like illness (with or without fever) – headache, fatigue, cough, aches, weakness and sore throat.
Please be prompt when picking up your ill or injured child in order to minimize his or her chance of spreading or acquiring a contagious illness. Feel free to contact Nurse Molly with questions or guidelines on returning to school. Wash those hands!!!