My crew certainly enjoyed the snow today. It’s been amazing to watch it pile up. I wanted to go ahead and get the Randolph announcements out there for the week. Remember you can always get back to them on our website.
A few congratulations are in order. A week ago our Space Tamales made Goochland history, receiving a 1st place trophy in project presentation at the state competition. They thoroughly impressed the judges! Next, our own Krystle Demas was one of three to receive technology coach of the year for the state. Lastly, Sue Vaughan won our little staff Twitter Thankful competition. Several teachers were tweeting on a daily basis in November and her posts received the most likes. The @RES_Roadrunners Twitter handle is a great place to follow teacher posts showing action in the classroom.
Several other announcements:
- I misspoke about recycling last week when I said that the Goochland convenience center does not take plastic bags. They do collect them and take them over to Food Lion for processing. Of course Sam and Bryan would love for you to bring bags and other items listed on the poster and magnet that came home last week. That way we’d get credit towards winning the Trex bench for Randolph!
- We are still looking for a second cafeteria monitor for Randolph. I’m now able to split the position so it can be shared throughout the week. I think I’ve got one interested mom. Anyone else want to jump on board to help? Please let me know.
- Thank you so much for the Goochland Cares donations being done through the 1st Grade Journey Project. We may be making a few van trips due to your generosity. You are really teaching our kids about the blessings of our community!
- Goochland County is undergoing a Community Health Assessment. The Community Health Assessment is part of an ongoing effort to evaluate and improve the health of Goochland residents. Your input is very valuable. There will be a community listening session on 12/17/18 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Goochland Sports Complex. Details about the event can be found here.
- Second though Fifth Grade families should have Thursday, December 20th on the calendar for our big Winter Concert. Arrival is 6pm and showtime is 6:30pm. Mrs. Blevins has been sending information and music links. A note on parking – do not park in the bus or fire lanes that evening. When the front parking lot fills up please use the parking between the football field and the school.
- Lastly, Fridays have now been deemed spirit days! Always wear your Randolph colors or gear on Fridays unless the SCA changes it to different attire.
And I think that’s it. Quite a list this week. I’m looking forward to see you all, well, when schools are open.