I am so excited that we will be finishing up Nim’s Island this week. It has been so hard to not look ahead. We’ve got Chapter 13 on Monday night, finishing up with Chapter 16 on Thursday night. I can’t wait to see what happens when Nim meets Alex!
I’ve got several different announcements:
- Second and Fifth grade families should look for a flyer about CogAT testing in backpacks early this week. It will describe what the testing is for and when the tests will be administered. Feel free to reach out to Sarah Ambrose if you have any questions.
- Our first week of the breakfast cart down by 3rd and 4th grade has gone very well. We’ve got grab and go cold and hot options each morning. As we are accessing the same general account I’ll remind families again that free and reduced status applies to breakfast as well.
- Goochland County Public Schools is now accepting applications for preschool for the 2019-2020 school year! If you have a child who will be four years old by September 30, 2019, please consider applying. Our preschool programs are free to eligible families and transportation is provided. Completed applications can be submitted to any of the elementary schools or emailed to Sonia Talman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is a link to the English and Spanish applications.
Here is the calendar:
- A reminder to Reading Olympics students that filled out the Escape Room permission form. That activity is after school on Monday until 5:15pm. Permission forms were due last Friday. So please do not bring forms and expect to stay on Monday.
- On Wednesday we will be visited by Nutsy the Flying Squirrel from the Richmond Baseball Team. He is here to support the Nuts for Reading Program. Students will receive bookmarks and information. By reading and filling in 8 hats on the bookmark students will earn a free voucher to the April 18th Squirrels Game. Again, more information is coming. Be on the lookout and keep those bookmarks someplace safe!
- Don’t forget that the PTA After School Class Signup is due on Thursday, January 31st.
- Looking farther out, the PTA Meeting and Variety Show is set for Thursday, February 21st. Mrs. Blevins has communicated rehearsals to the accepted participants. All are welcome to attend and watch the talent of our Roadrunner Family, which includes a performance from the Orff club.