Good evening Roadrunners!
This week I believe I’ll start with announcements!
- A huge thanks to the families that supported our staff with yummy chili, corn bread and desserts. It was such a treat for those of us that went from staff meeting to Talent Show. Thank you!
- Speaking of the talent show – we had to keep adding seats! Over 150 people came to support our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. Several adults shared afterwards that they were so thankful for the warm and encouraging opportunity. So many kids debuted untapped talents of singing and dancing. Putting it into my own words, they were grateful for our Journey School Compass Value of Acceptance. We appreciate the courage of every child that wanted to share his or her blossoming gift.
- Reading Olympic signups are getting filled. Thank you! There are still a few more tasks and donations that we could use help with. Please visit this Sign Up Genius to see what assistance is still needed.
- The Goochland Mountain Bike Team is hosting an information session this Saturday from 10:30AM to 1PM. Please visit this website to learn more about this great program aimed at our fourth and fifth graders.
- Overdue notices for RES Library books will be going home early this week. Please check at home for books that your child has checked out of the Library. There are many books that have not been returned from before Winter Break. Students are eagerly waiting for many of these titles to be returned so that they can read and enjoy them, too. Thank you for your help with this.
- I’ll put the Dr. Seuss week dress up list here in the announcements: Monday: Pajamas; Tuesday: Hat and Stripes; Wednesday: Crazy Hair and Clothing; Thursday: Mustache and Green; Friday: Future Day (Oh the Places You’ll Go).
And now for the calendar:
Tuesday we have our third PTA After School Class event. Thursday keep your eye on Twitter as Goochland County celebrates digital day, posting digital learning to the hashtag #dlday. Saturday March 2nd at 10am is the “Community Conversations” event. Here is the flyer and RSVP signup link. Further in the future we have a Goochland County rescheduled parent workshop on Disability Benefits: Medicaid Waivers and Social Security. It will now be on March 11, 2019 at 6:00 at the GHS Learning Commons. The workshop is intended for parents of students with significant disabilities who may be eligible for SSI or Medicaid Waivers. Here is an informational flyer and RSVP link. GCPS is hosting it’s second annual Wellness Night on March 20th at 6:00 p.m.at Goochland High School. Wellness Night is sponsored by the Teen Mental Health Awareness Committee and is intended for parents and teenagers. The event will feature informative and interactive sessions on a variety of topics, including mental health, yoga, safe technology use, and physical fitness. There will be dinner, door prizes,and childcare (for ages 5+). Please refer to this flyer for additional information and to RSVP.