This week is the week! Family Night is almost here! For those of you sending in basket and auction items – please make sure those come into homerooms tomorrow! On Friday at 5pm the doors will open to an auction, book fair, bouncy houses, games, face painting, and food trucks! I need to make one more push on staffing some of the games and booths. Please sign up here today! Many of you will need to park across the street from the school. Please look for the entrance right across for the school entrance marked by cones. We’ll have some staff cars in place to show you how the rows work. Be careful crossing the street, then you can come through the front door to buy game arm bands. Grab a map or ask our staff for where to find all the fun events. Throughout Friday all of the kids will get a book fair preview, so it may be very easy to visit the library between 5 and 7:15pm for purchasing items. Book purchases will continue throughout the next week (April 29-May 3) with a special late library closing of 5pm on May 1st. The auction will be in the cafeteria this year.
Let’s switch over to the calendar:
- On Tuesday Kindergarten will enjoy a young scientists visit. 2nd grade has swim. Recycling club meets after school.
- On Wednesday 4th grade is headed to Ag Day at Goochland Elementary. Make sure you read the teacher newsletters to prepare for that event. 2nd grade will be hosting the other two elementary schools to share our nature trail and other Journey Project related activities. Garden club meets after school.
- On Thursday 2nd grade has swim.
- On Friday we’ll kick things off with the 5th grade Pouring Hope Coffee Shop. 3rd grade has their Arbor Day field trip. The book fair kicks off. And Family Night begins at 5pm.
And now for several announcements:
- Here’s a message for 5th graders that are signed up for band next year. It’s soon time to come to instrument testing night, held on May 7th from 6:00-8:00pm in the GMS cafeteria. GMS and GHS band students on hand as well as a local music store to help you try out and select your instrument for next year! Mr. Sykes, the 6th grade band teacher, can’t wait to meet you and your parents.
- This weekend why not come out and support the Goochland Drama Department as the present the musical Hairspray. And while you are at it why not support the GHS Hunger Awareness Week. If you bring a canned item or dry food good you will get a free concession item or free fan-a-gram! The show will take place at the high school auditorium on the following dates/times:
- Friday, April 26th at 7 PM
- Saturday, April 27th at 2:30 PM
- Saturday, April 27th at 7 PM
- Sunday, April 28th at 2:30 PM
Tickets are $8 for students and $12 for adults. For more information, click here.
- Lots of you have started ordering yearbooks. Here’s the link for you again. If you purchase it online you get four free customizable pages to capture your child specific Randolph memories. Orders and online customization is due by Wednesday, May 1st, 2019.
- Through a partnership with the Goochland Sheriff’s Office and the Rural Substance Abuse Awareness Coalition, Goochland Schools is hosting a Hidden in Plain Sight event at Goochland High School on 5/8/19 at 6:00 p.m. Learn about the signs of teen drug and alcohol use and find out how to talk to your kids about the dangers. This is an event that is specifically designed for parents or guardians. No children please. Dinner will be provided and we will be giving out door prizes! Here is a flyer about the event.