What a great event Friday Night! I was worried about the rain, with parking and the food trucks being effected, but it ended up being just fine. Feedback so far has been very positive. Feel free to send me an email to capture more positives and constructive feedback for next year. Thank you to all those that volunteered before, during and after the event. Kelley Kemp our PTA president and a handful of others dedicated so much time and energy in the last week. I hope that this weekend has been a restful celebration!
Congratulations to the GHS Drama crew for a fantastic performance of Hairspray! They had four performances this weekend, our family went to the Sunday matinee. What a group of talented kids – many of them Roadrunner graduates and older Randolph siblings! I know this would not be possible without the support of some awesome staff and parents. Well done!
- Book fair will continue this week, with a special late hour day – 5pm on Wednesday. You can send kids with money or setup a Scholastic Wallet ahead of time.
- 4th Grade heads to the Virginia Capitol on Monday. 5th grade goes to visit Maggie Walker Governors School.
- On Tuesday our 1st graders get to visit Goochland Tech. This has become an annual tradition where are oldest students at the high school show off some really neat programs to some of our youngest kids.
- The Goochland Education Foundation Gala is on Saturday. This is a fun event raising funds for a group that supports a lot of wonderful opportunities for our kids. I’ll be on a band Busch Garden’s trip that day, otherwise I would be at the gala!
- Last call on yearbook orders and personalization. At the end of Wednesday, May 1st we have to submit our order to the printer to be ready in time. The best way to place your order at this point is using the yearbook website. If you are personalizing the back cover and inside pages don’t forget to finalize your order by Wednesday as well. It is no problem if you do not personalize the book, you’ll get the standard one.
- A reminder that future 6th grade band students should go to instrument testing night, held on May 7th from 6:00-8:00pm in the GMS cafeteria. GMS and GHS band students on hand as well as a local music store to help you try out and select your instrument for next year!
- Also that week is the Hidden in Plain Sight event at Goochland High School on May 8th at 6:00 p.m. Learn about the signs of teen drug and alcohol use and find out how to talk to your kids about the dangers. This is an event that is specifically designed for parents or guardians. No children please. Dinner will be provided and we will be giving out door prizes! Here is a flyer about the event.