Good Evening Randolph Families!
Welcome to Teacher Appreciation Week! As you know all to well, we’ve got some hard working teachers and instructional assistants that make Randolph an amazing place! This week we will honor them with several fun “Movie Star” themed days to make them feel special. Room parents should have sent out something to describe each day, but just in case you missed it, here is the run down. On Monday send in a note to your teacher and their paired non-classroom colleague that starts with the phrase “My teacher is a star because…” I’ll provide the staff pairing at the end of this message. On Tuesday, consider sending in one of your teacher’s favorite snacks. On Wednesday, send a snack in to the paired staff member. On Thursday, please send in a few classroom supply items to close out the year. And then on Friday send them both in a surprise. Another special handwritten note would be just fine, but I’m sure they be thrilled with keys to a brand new car! Throughout the week they all will have access to some treats that many of you have signed up to send in. I think we are just a few slots short for the Thursday, May 9th Healthy Snack Day. Check the link to see if there is something you could provide. I know schedules are busy for us all this month. So thank you for taking a moment to for recognizing our awesome team.
- On Monday 4th grade will be visited by the Jamestown Foundation outreach program to get them one final brain boost for their Friday Virginia Studies assessment.
- On Tuesday the 4th graders will kick us off with the first SOL test – Reading! Please make sure iPads are fully charged and that kids energy levels are the same. For this we suggest a normal early bedtime routine with a healthy breakfast in the morning. Encourage your kiddo to do their best and to show what they know. Although just one measure on our year, it serves as a great resource to adapt curriculum for next year. It also may guide fun and engaging explorations that will happen between tests and the end of the year. Recycling Club meets after school. 5th graders doing band next year – don’t forget to attend instrument testing night from 6-8pm in the GMS cafeteria.
- On Wednesday our 5th graders will take their reading SOL. Same preparations apply for these kids. Garden Club meets after school. A reminder that the adult only Hidden in Plain Sight event is at 6pm at GHS.
- 3rd grade closes out our SOL Reading assessment on Thursday. We know it is your first SOL test. But I know from visiting classrooms that you all are prepared!
- On Friday we loop back to 4th grade to take the Virginia Studies SOL. From before 1607 and the establishment of the first permanent english settlement to the amazing Commonwealth we live in today, I can’t wait to see how you all reflect on all the amazing hands on learning we are blessed with living where we do. Box top envelopes should be sent in today for the final collection this year!
- Looking farther out, here are some important items that should be on your calendar:
- SOLs continue next week: 5th Math Tuesday, 3rd Math Wednesday, 4th Math Thursday, and 5th Science on Friday.
- Wednesday, May 22nd is the Preschool moving on celebration at 1pm.
- Thursday, May 23rd is our final PTA meeting with Kona Ice and a 1st grade sharing of their Journey Project results.
- School is closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 27th.
- Field Day is on Wednesday, May 29th.
- 5th Grade Graduation is at 8:30am on Thursday, May 30th. Kindergarten has their year celebration at 1:30pm that afternoon.
- On Friday, May 31st the 1st and 2nd grade students have their awards ceremony at 8:30am and then 3rd and 4th grade will be honored at 1:30pm that afternoon.
- A reminder that the last day of school is on Wednesday, June 5th with an early 1pm dismissal time.
Lastly, I have one announcement. Similar to the Basketball Camp that was advertised a few weeks ago, the football team is doing something similar. Here is some more information. Goochland High School Football will be putting on a youth camp from Tuesday, June 11th to Thursday, June 13th at the high school. The camp runs from 6pm to 8:30 pm each day and is open to rising 1st thru 8th graders. Instructors include current and former players, as well as the varsity and JV staff. A camp shirt will be provided for each camper. Registration is online at the following link: https://forms.gle/TbjxXWC8BxHUww57. Cost for each camper is $50. Walkups are welcome. Any questions please contact Coach Alex Fruth at the high school (email@example.com).
Have a great week!
Staff Pairings for Teacher Appreciation Week:
Classroom/Encore Teacher pairings for Teacher Appreciation Week:
Alley/Byron – Sainsbury
Alvis – Oliver
Austin – Vaughan
Neiditch – Sprouse
Tysinger – DeArras
Biggs – G Whitfield
Harris – Weideman
Jackson – McKenna D’Ambrosio
Pound – Gooden
S Wilson – Wilkinson
Dinger – Cox
Dunn – Heilmann
Vaughan – Hanna
K Wilson – Borzelleca
Kibler – C Whitfield
Lawson – Schmeichel
Perkins – Dillenger
Pond – Keo
Sims – Ambrose
Ferguson – Taylor
Gates – Demas
Hadd – Patrick
Mock – Wright and Nurse Molly
Borges – Blevins
Eastwood – Gillespie
Hecker – S Kauffman
J Kauffman – LaFlamme