Wow – you really know how to honor a team! Every day the staff lounge was filled with treats and families were bringing goodies, cards, and presents for our Randolph crew. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You really warmed our hearts and
made us feel appreciated.
- On Tuesday the 5th graders have their Math SOL. That afternoon 2nd grade finishes their economic learning with a Market Day. Make sure you follow the teacher directions on what to bring.
- 3rd Grade takes their Math SOL on Wednesday.
- 4th Grade has Math on Thursday.
- And 5th grade closes out new SOL tests with Science on Friday.
- Looking farther out, here are some important items that should be on your calendar:Wednesday, May 22nd is the Preschool moving on celebration at 1pm.
- Thursday, May 23rd is our final PTA meeting with Kona Ice and a 1st grade sharing of their Journey Project results. School is closed for Memorial Day on Monday, May 27th.
- Field Day is on Wednesday, May 29th.
- 5th Grade Graduation is at 8:30am on Thursday, May 30th. Kindergarten has their year celebration at 1:30pm that afternoon.
- On Friday, May 31st the 1st and 2nd grade students have their awards ceremony at 8:30am and then 3rd and 4th grade will be honored at 1:30pm that afternoon.
- A reminder that the last day of school is on Wednesday, June 5th with an early 1pm dismissal time
The county is offering summer STEM Camp and a Fine Arts Camp. Paper registration forms came home a few weeks ago. Seats are first come first serve. Fine Arts Camp is the week after school lets out, June 10th through June 13th. STEM Camp is June 17th through June 21st. Here is a link to the STEM camp registration form. And here is a link to the Fine Arts Camp. This year we have set up a partnership with the YMCA so that a student can go from the 11:30 camp close time over to the YMCA until 6pm for an additional fee. Here is a link that contains information about that service. Once again I’ll mention that Goochland High School Football will be putting on a youth camp from Tuesday, June 11th to Thursday, June 13th at the high school. The camp runs from 6pm to 8:30 pm each day and is open to rising 1st thru 8th graders. Instructors include current and former players, as well as the varsity and JV staff. A camp shirt will be provided for each camper. Registration is online at the following link: https://forms.gle/TbjxXWC8BxHUww57. Cost for each camper is $50. Walkups are welcome. Any questions please contact Coach Alex Fruth at the high school (firstname.lastname@example.org). And lastly, something for 5th Grade girls from Scouts BSA. Are you looking for something fun to do outdoors this summer? Are you interested in going camping, hiking, and canoeing? Join Scouts BSA Troop 710! This “girls only” Troop is affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America, and girls in the Troop are eligible to earn the same merit badges and Scout ranks as boy scouts, including Eagle Scout. The Troop meets on Monday nights, has several camping trips planned for this summer, and the girls will be working on the First Aid, Swimming, and Cooking merit badges. For more information, call Scoutmaster Michelle Schmitz at 804-240-8038, email email@example.com, or find us on Facebook @Goochland.ScoutsBSA