Happy Memorial Day Randolph Community!
I hope that everyone had a great extra day to spend some time together. Our family stayed local in Goochland – sleeping in, enjoying cook outs with neighbors, and kayaking on the James River. It was a nice taste of summer living, something that is just a week and a half away.
Speaking of summer break, I’ve got a few announcements that relate to winding the school year down. Regarding the cafeteria, starting tomorrow, Tuesday, May 28th, we will no longer allow students to “charge their meals” until the end of the school year. They can continue to use their positive balance lunch account. However, if a student has a zero balance on their account or no cash or check we cannot let them run up a bill with us. We normally let students owe us up to $10 if they have no funds available but we stop this toward the end of the school year. Parents can call the cafeteria manager or Lisa Landrum 556-5604 with any questions or if you forget to send money. If students owe money at the end of the school year it will carry over to the following year so they will begin with a negative balance.
All iPads and accessories (charging block, charging cord, and external case) should be in by the end of tomorrow. 3rd and 4th turned items in last week. 5th grade turns their in Tuesday. If you are missing any of these items please see the replacement cost charges listed on this document.
And please make sure to send in all library books or payment for books so that we can get library inventory all taken care of and ready to start the next school year.
This week we have Field Day on Wednesday, May 29th. Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders will participate from 8:30 to 10:30am, rotating through six 20 minute stations. Preschool will get their chance at a few of the stations from 10:30 to 11:10am. The older grades then go through the same six rotations from 11:30am to 1:30pm. We’ll close up Field Day with the traditional 5th grade versus staff kickball game at 2pm. Families are welcome to come as see the fun. Lunch times are modified and students will not in the cafeteria. Here are the lunch serving times (10:40am: 3rd; 10:50am: 4th; 11:00am: 5th; 11:10am: 2nd; 11:20am: 1st; 11:30am K; 11:40: Pre-K).
5th Grade Graduation is at 8:30am on Thursday, May 30th. Kindergarten has their year celebration at 1:30pm that afternoon. On Friday, May 31st the 1st and 2nd grade students have their awards ceremony at 8:30am and then 3rd and 4th grade will be honored at 1:30pm that afternoon. A reminder that the last day of school is on Wednesday, June 5th with an early 1pm dismissal time.
- Check out the Goochland YMCA summer offerings.
- Here is a link to the Parks and Recreation Summer Camp List.
- The county is offering summer STEM Camp and a Fine Arts Camp. Paper registration forms came home a few weeks ago. Seats are first come first serve. Fine Arts Camp is the week after school lets out, June 10th through June 13th. STEM Camp is June 17th through June 21st. Here is a link to the STEM camp registration form. And here is a link to the Fine Arts Camp. This year we have set up a partnership with the YMCA so that a student can go from the 11:30 camp close time over to the YMCA until 6pm for an additional fee. Here is a link that contains information about that service.
- Goochland High School Football will be putting on a youth camp from Tuesday, June 11th to Thursday, June 13th at the high school. The camp runs from 6pm to 8:30 pm each day and is open to rising 1st thru 8th graders. Instructors include current and former players, as well as the varsity and JV staff. A camp shirt will be provided for each camper. Registration is online at the following link: https://forms.gle/TbjxXWC8BxHUww57. Cost for each camper is $50. Walkups are welcome. Any questions please contact Coach Alex Fruth at the high school (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- And lastly, something for 5th Grade girls from Scouts BSA. Are you looking for something fun to do outdoors this summer? Are you interested in going camping, hiking, and canoeing? Join Scouts BSA Troop 710! This “girls only” Troop is affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America, and girls in the Troop are eligible to earn the same merit badges and Scout ranks as boy scouts, including Eagle Scout. The Troop meets on Monday nights, has several camping trips planned for this summer, and the girls will be working on the First Aid, Swimming, and Cooking merit badges. For more information, call Scoutmaster Michelle Schmitz at 804-240-8038, email email@example.com, or find us on Facebook @Goochland.ScoutsBSA