Hard to believe this is the final Sunday call of the school year! Last week was really special. Field Day was a blast. We said goodbye to our oldest and promoted our youngest. And we celebrated the accomplishments of all those in between. Special thanks goes out to the Weinstein JCC for saving the day on our 5th grade pool party. With two day notice they found lifeguards and hosted us at the beautiful Camp Hilbert facility. I’m adding them to the summer activity list at the end of this message if you are still looking for camps and a weekend pool membership location.
Monday and Tuesday will be business as usual at Randolph. On Wednesday we will have our traditional year end sing-a-long at 9am. Then we’ll have dismissal at 1pm. Due to several student absences you should expect buses to run two and half to two hours and 15 minutes ahead of the normal drop off time. Please help make for a smooth final drop off and be ready to receive your kids. Car line door will open at 1pm.
Report cards will go home in Wednesday backpacks. Make sure you look in this report card envelope as other information is included. If your child is not in school on Wednesday please drop by the school to pick it up. Next week office hours become Monday through Thursday from 7am to 5pm. Also, please make sure to pick up medications in the clinic this week as we cannot store them over the summer. I’m providing links to summer community activities one last time. I’ve also added the Parks and Rec summer camp financial assistance form as there are still some scholarships available for qualifying families.
I hope everyone has a wonderful summer break. Play, read, and enjoy some time with loved ones and friends. We’ll see you back here on Thursday, August 15th for our Back to School event. The first day of school is Monday, August 19th.
- Check out the Goochland YMCA summer offerings.
- Camp Hilbert is located near Fairground and Maidens road, offering summer camps and weekend pool membership. This is the group that helped us out for the 5th grade pool party.
- Here is a link to the Parks and Recreation Summer Camp List. There are still scholarships left for families that qualify. Here is the paperwork for that financial assistance.
- The county is offering summer STEM Camp and a Fine Arts Camp. Paper registration forms came home a few weeks ago. Seats are first come first serve. Fine Arts Camp is the week after school lets out, June 10th through June 13th. STEM Camp is June 17th through June 21st. Here is a link to the STEM camp registration form. And here is a link to the Fine Arts Camp. This year we have set up a partnership with the YMCA so that a student can go from the 11:30 camp close time over to the YMCA until 6pm for an additional fee. Here is a link that contains information about that service.
- Goochland High School Football will be putting on a youth camp from Tuesday, June 11th to Thursday, June 13th at the high school. The camp runs from 6pm to 8:30 pm each day and is open to rising 1st thru 8th graders. Instructors include current and former players, as well as the varsity and JV staff. A camp shirt will be provided for each camper. Registration is online at the following link: https://forms.gle/TbjxXWC8BxHUww57. Cost for each camper is $50. Walkups are welcome. Any questions please contact Coach Alex Fruth at the high school (email@example.com).
- For more information about the BSA Girls Troop, call Scoutmaster Michelle Schmitz at 804-240-8038, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or find them on Facebook @Goochland.ScoutsBSA