I hope that everyone enjoyed the three day weekend! Tuesday will be a Day 5 with Wednesday looping back to a Day 1 for Encore. Look at your classroom schedule to know what Encore your child has. I’m attaching links to the Day Schedule and the classroom specific schedule.
Car line went better this week. Thank you to those of you that delayed your morning arrival to 8:10 am and your afternoon arrival until after 3:13 pm.
Not a lot to report school wide this week so make sure you look at teacher newsletters. On Wednesday afternoon the 4th and 5th graders will attend a Reading Olympics assembly to learn about the year ahead. On Thursday morning we will conduct bus safety evacuations as buses arrive in the morning. We do this a few times a year. Farther out make sure you have Thursday, September 19th on your evening calendar. Our Open House is that evening at 6:30pm. Also note that Friday, September 20th is a student holiday.
- For safety we ask that you please drop your student off using carpool in the morning. Fewer parents escorted kids into the building last week and that was appreciated. If you need to bring them inside with a project please walk them in and someone is happy to take items to the classroom. We like to limit adults to our staff in the mornings during arrival. If the teacher has asked for you to visit please sign in at the office and get a visitors sticker.
- Soon you will receive more information about our first big PTA fundraiser, the warrior dash. For now I’d like to mention that we do have corporate sponsorship opportunities. Please see the attached flyer for more information. Not only would you help our school, you’d get some advertising to our Randolph families.
- Thank you to those that connected with Mrs. Upton about hospitality. She helps to take care of our staff throughout the year but needs some help. She’ll need some help with some evening dinners and other activities throughout the year. If you can help, please email her at email@example.com.
- Returning families – please update your information online. We are really trying to move to electronic updating of records and of the annual required agreements. Log into powerschool and choose the E-collect menu on the left. Soon we will send home paper agreements for your signature if it is not completed online. Help us save trees and hours of data entry work!
- Don’t forget to join the PTA, pay your school fees, and look through the Elementary Handbook.
- Regarding cub scouts – turnout was poor likely due to the storm that hit at the same time on Thursday night. The scouts would like to welcome you to the next few meetings to get more information. The next meeting is September 9th at 6:30pm in the Randolph cafeteria.