Good evening Roadrunner families!
Monday, September 9th will be a Day 4 for Encore.
Top of the list is updating your information for safety and permissions. Thank you to those families that completed the task online. We’ve still got a huge chunk of our RES family that has not updated information for the new school year. The best way to do it is to log into PowerSchool and choose the E-collect menu on the left and go through the list of forms including Agreements, Demographics, Health Info, Legal Guardians, and Student Contacts. You’ve got to do this for each of your children. We are going to send home blue forms for any families that have not fully completed this process. Although we’d prefer you to do it online, you may use the paper form if that is helpful to you. Make sure you review and change any information and do all of the required questions front and back. Please send it in (or do it online) by the end of this week.
- I’ve got several other forms that need mentioning: An application for a free Library Card at the Goochland Branch Library went home with all kindergarten and preschool students this week! Boys and girls, remember to show it to your Mom and Dad, and return it to Mrs. Vaughan in the RES Library. She will send all forms to the Goochland Branch Library so that you can get a new Library card to use at the public library! Students who return the library card forms will also receive a prize and a sticker for signing up!
- Lifetouch forms went home last week letting you know that they are on Wednesday, September 18th. Our family has used their online service for several years. By creating an account at my.lifetouch.com you earn rewards and can take advantage of other options that may not be on the flyer. If you choose the online route, make sure to note your order number on the form and bring that back with you on picture day. Use Picture Day ID RV029013Q0 so that your child is tied to our school. Please know that Randolph gets a portion of the picture cost – so this is a fundraiser for our school.
- Coming home this week our PreK, Kindergarten, and 1st-grade students may want to take advantage of preordering books by author Lulu Delacre. We have invited this author to come and help kick off our Kindergarten Journey Project. Those youngest grade levels will have some time with her on October 7th. Please visit her website for more information. It is rare that you are able to buy a book from an author that you meet!
- Reading Olympics Permission forms are due on Wednesday, September 11th from our 4th and 5th graders. And lastly, attendance flyers are coming home this week in recognition of September as Attendance Awareness Month! We want your kids with us! The more they attend, the more they learn and grow! Of course, we know that important family plans come up and sickness happens beyond our control. But we miss our little Roadrunners when they aren’t at Randolph! Horace Mann has partnered with us again this year. Those with perfect attendance go in a drawing for two bikes at the end of the year
I do not have other school-wide calendar items for this week. Remember to put Thursday, September 19th on your evening calendar. Our Open House is that evening at 6:30pm. Also note that Friday, September 20th is a student holiday.
- For safety, we ask that you please drop your student off using carpool in the morning. Fewer parents escorted kids into the building last week and that was appreciated. If you need to bring them inside with a project please walk them in and someone is happy to take items to the classroom. We like to limit adults to our staff in the mornings during arrival. If the teacher has asked for you to visit please sign in at the office and get a visitors sticker.
- Soon you will receive more information about our first big PTA fundraiser, the warrior dash. For now, I’d like to mention that we do have corporate sponsorship opportunities. Please see the attached flyer for more information. Not only would you help our school, but you’d also get some advertising to our Randolph families.
- Thank you to those that connected with Mrs. Upton about hospitality. She helps to take care of our staff throughout the year but needs some help. She’ll need some help with some evening dinners and other activities throughout the year. If you can help, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget to join the PTA, pay your school fees, and look through the Elementary Handbook.
- Regarding cub scouts – turnout was poor likely due to the storm that hit at the same time on Thursday night. The scouts would like to welcome you to the next few meetings to get more information. The next meeting is September 9th at 6:30 pm in the Randolph cafeteria.
Dan Gardner, RES Principal