Monday is a Day 1.
Top of the feed I wanted to mention and provide links to two videos that are featured by the Virginia Department of Education. Please check out one video about Randolph as a Journey School and the other video that talks about Journey Projects.
What great turnout we had last week to both the Grand Friends night and Roadrunner Warrior Dash on Friday. The book fair also got a lot of business. I think this was one of the most spirited Warriors yet! A huge thank you to all of our volunteers that made Roadrunner Warrior Dash 2019 a success! The students had a great time! Be sure to check our Twitter feed for photos shared throughout the day AND continue to encourage friends and family to make donations…it’s never too late!
This week’s featured corporate sponsor is ABSOLUTE ASPHALT (absoluteasphalt.us). Absolute Asphalt is based in Manakin Sabot and has been serving the entire greater Richmond area for almost 20 years. They offer commercial and residential paving and commercial seal coating, and stamped asphalt. They have done multiple paving projects for Randolph PTA on the track and basketball courts, as well as work for the Goochland School board, including several projects at the High School and Middle School. Their son goes to Goochland Middle School and their daughter is at Randolph. Absolute Asphalt has been a corporate sponsor for Randolph’s fundraisers for numerous years!
Looking at the calendar next week:
On Monday we’ll have our PreK, Kindergarten, and 3rd-grade health screenings. On Tuesday PreK heads on a field trip to a dairy farm. Kindergarten will also have a Journey Project celebration. On Thursday we are crossing our fingers that third time is a charm for Kindergarten to go to Carter Mountain. On Friday 1st grade heads to the Metro Zoo. We will also be sending report cards home on Friday.
We have many announcements. Look for many of these things to be supported by paperwork coming home in backpacks.
- We need your PTA participation through membership signup! Please join the PTA by going to this link. There are a few classes that are a student away from 100% membership. The first class there wins a pizza party!
- First Grade kicks off their Journey Project, Smiles through Service, this week with a non-perishable food donation drive. Send in your canned or boxed food this week for First Grade to take with them on their trip to Goochland Cares next Wednesday. Thank you for sharing smiles with First Grade!
- Parent-teacher conferences are Tuesday, October 29th between 12 noon and 7 pm. Please call the school to set up an appointment.
- Book character dress-up day will be on October 31st. We ask that students have a book or book cover on hand to show a teacher. PreK through 2nd will be marching around the school for a parade that morning! The upper grades will be in the hallways to cheer them on.
- Goochland Schools is starting early recruitment for Special Education teachers. If you or someone you know may be interested in joining the Goochland team please consider coming to our recruitment event on November 5th. Fill out this form, or call 556.5615 to sign up or receive more information.
- 4th and 5th-grade families, be on the lookout for a flyer advertising an October 28th event that will talk about Governor’s School and Advanced College Academy. Although recruitment to these opportunities is years away, the country likes to provide information for future middle schoolers.