Monday is a Day 4 for Encore.
On Monday we will honor Veterans Day with a 2:00 pm assembly. We look forward to welcoming Veteran’s that have family members at Randolph. That evening, at Goochland Elementary School, we will have a Digital Parent Information Session at 6:30 pm. Please come and hear about the how and why we use digital devices in our schools. There will be some breakout sessions for you to choose from. Again, Goochland Elementary, not Randolph. On Tuesday evening Mrs. Dinger’s 2nd-grade class will be performing at the School Board meeting. They should be there at 6:15 pm. They should wear a green or spirit wear top and dark or jean bottoms. Also at that meeting, our schools will be honored for gaining Apple Distinguished School status for the next three years. All five of our schools gained this distinction, marking us as five of the 500 international schools with this special designation. There is Garden Club after school on Wednesday. On Thursday we’ll have a PTA meeting at 6:30 pm. Second grade is performing, so we ask that all students in that grade arrive by 6:15 pm wearing a spirit wear or green top and dark or jean bottoms. That evening we will have on display a variety of STEM projects that have been done by our 2nd and 3rd graders. Please take some time to check out the projects that include a mix of science, technology, engineering, and math!
- For the next two weeks, Randolph will be collecting our traditional macaroni and cheese donations for the Goochland Christmas Mother. Our school has often boosted the food supply for this great cause. Donations will be accepted through Friday, November 22nd.
- The Career and Technical Education Department is trying to collect thoughts to inform the future of CTE planning. They’ve asked that all schools send out a survey to Goochland families. Please consider helping shape the future of the program by filling out the survey.
- Thank you for all of those that showed up to Chipotle last week. We had great participation and will receive over $250 for our school! Also, congratulations to Mrs. Dunn, Mrs. Kim Wilson, and Mrs. Tysinger’s classes for reaching 100% PTA membership! They will receive a pizza party to celebrate! Still haven’t joined the PTA? No worries, they are happy to still accept your membership by signing up here.
- The PTA’s Roadrunner Warrior Dash is also still open for donations. This week’s Roadrunner Warrior Dash corporate sponsor feature is the law firm of JURACH, TACEY, & QUITIQUIT, which is a full-service law firm located in the metro Richmond area. Their practice’s focus is on criminal defense, traffic cases, personal injury, and family law. They represent clients in Goochland, Powhatan, Henrico, Chesterfield, Hanover, and other surrounding counties. Hard work and dedication to the practice of law help this group obtain the best possible outcomes for their clients. Adam Jurach, a dad to RES and GMS students, has been a Goochland resident since 2006, a volunteer paramedic with the Goochland Fire Department since 2006, and an active member of various charities within Goochland County to include the Goochland Education Foundation. More info about this week’s corporate sponsor feature can be found at http://thejqlawfirm.com/
- We are close to fulfilling the clinic’s needs for emergency clothing. Again, the pants and shirt options do not need to be new clothing. If you’ve got clean hand-me-downs that work, please sign up here and send them in.