Happy Super Bowl Sunday Randolph Families!
Monday is a Day 4 for Encore.
I know many of you are gearing up for the game between the Chiefs and the 49ers. For me – it’s about the commercials! I should also say – happy February! This month we celebrate Black History Month and Career and Technical Education Month. This week is School Counselor Appreciation week. Consider sending Sarah Ambrose a kind note or treat! On Tuesday our 3rd graders will be visited by a Goochland dentist, sharing information about the profession and also talking about the importance of dental health. That evening GMS will host its annual Curriculum Fair. It starts at 6pm prompt in the auditorium with an important presentation for rising 6th grade families. At 6:45 pm GHS will share information about CTE Academies, Governors’ Schools, and Advanced College Academy. And all the way up until 8:00 pm you can go see the classrooms. Here is a link to the flyer. On Thursday and Friday please make sure to send in your Kid’s Heart Challenge donations. Also on Friday we have some 6th grade students, RES graduates actually, visiting with our 5th graders to talk about the transition to middle school. Friday night I thought I should mention the YMCA daddy daughter dance. I’ve gone the last several years with my daughter. It’s from 7:00 to 8:00 pm Friday evening and you do have to RSVP and pay. Saturday, February 8th is Conundrum Day. I think you can walk inside at 8:45 am that morning.
- Job well done on the GMS production of Annie Junior. There were quite a few Roadrunner graduates up on the stage. They did a phenomenal job! I hope many of you got to see it.
- This month we will be putting extra emphasis on our Journey Compass Values. Students that are recognized with a Journey Beacon Award on February Fridays will receive a free ticket to the NASCAR Truck Series scheduled for Saturday, April 18th.
- Looking further out on the calendar, Goochland Schools is hosting a job fair from 10 am to 1 pm on Saturday, February 29th at Drive Shack. Click here for more information.
- Again, check and cash donations for the American Heart Association’s Kids Heart Challenge materials should be sent in on February 6th or 7th. The school cannot store this money leading up to those dates, so if you send it early it will come back to you. Online donations are fine at any time.
- Goochland County Public Schools is now accepting applications for preschool for the 2020-2021 school year! If you have a child who will be four years old by September 30, 2020 please consider applying. Our preschool programs are free to eligible families and transportation is provided. Applications are available online and at all three elementary schools. For more information, please call our Department of Exceptional Education at 804-556-5615.
- A reminder that the PTA after school programs start on Tuesday, February 11th.
- And even further out – a reminder that based on our county calendar. There is no school for students on Friday, February 14th and Monday, February 17th.
Have a great week!