Hello there Roadrunners!
Welcome to Teacher Appreciation Week! First, my acknowledgment that all of you deserve appreciation as a teacher! You were your child’s first educator, and now you’ve really had to step up to keep the learning going. Thank you. Bless you! And then indeed we switch over to our Goochland Schools crew. This week we honor the teachers and aides that have chosen a challenging and rewarding profession. Each school day, during a typical school year, these dedicated individuals grow the hearts and minds of our youth. And at Randolph Elementary, they are super good at their jobs! Last Tuesday I sent an email to families that gave some ideas for honoring their work. The district, school, and PTA has some gifts up their sleeves. But feel free to shower them with appreciative words and virtual kindness.
Next – let’s hook you up with the principal read. This week it is The Lion Inside by Rachel Bright and Jim Field. Some folks have requested faster access to all of the past books. Use this link to get to the list! Again, all of these read-aloud videos have temporary special permission from publishers. At the end of the school year, they will be removed from the web. I suppose we’ll have to arrange me visiting your home at night if your child demands a bedtime story.
There are several reminder announcements:
- Amy Heilmann’s art lessons are weekly on Tuesdays at 10 AM and Thursdays at 2 PM. Here is a link to the learning plans page that has her link to the Google Hangout. This link also has all of the learning plans if you are looking for quick access to the PDF version of your grade-level work. We are on Week 4 of the new content.
- Don’t forget to use this link to access shopping through the RES Book Fair webpage and click ‘Shop Now’, the school will receive credit for the purchases. Sale ends on Saturday, May 9th. Here are the Reading Olympic books that are available through the book fair.
- Deadlines and instructions for the RES Virtual Talent show are all in this document. Submissions are due by May 17th.
- Don’t forget to order your yearbook by May 15th. Please click here to preorder your yearbook.
- Here is the message again from the Mental Health Team for Goochland County Public Schools. They are available to connect with your child and are offering social-emotional support during this time. They created information on school-based, local, and national mental health resources for families during COVID-19. You can access these resources here.
And now, let’s honor our birthday kiddos! Preschooler Declan, Happy Birthday! Amy and Landon in Kindergarten, we hope you have a great week! Alison and Tom in 2nd grade, we wish you the best! Kylee in 3rd, happy birthday. AJ, Addie, and Kayla – a big 4th-grade happy birthday! And Daniel in 5th grade, have a super birthday! Staff wise, Jen Gates celebrates a birthday on Monday. I celebrate a far older birthday on Saturday!
Take care! Dan Gardner, Principal