Wondering how to set your child up for success with virtual learning?
- A great set of headphones will be key
- Find a space in your house where your child can focus on “school” and check in as you are able (Check out our latest Facebook post on setting up a learning space)
- Try to stay on a schedule the best you can (meal times, learning time, free time etc.)
- Early/Mid September, we will be providing virtual supply kits for your child to use. We don’t want you to have to search for things in your home! We’ve got that covered. Everything is being ordered and we will have a drive-thru deployment of these supplies for our families. STAY TUNED! This will also be another time to see you and connect in person!
- Stay in close communication with your child’s teacher
- Become familiar with our management systems SeeSaw (pre-K-3) and Schoology (4th and 5th)
- Bookmark our “Distance Learning for Parents” site: https://sites.google.com/glnd.k12.va.us/distance-learning-family-guide/home?authuser=0.
- Reach out when you have questions or concerns so we can problem solve together
We recognize every family is different! We are here to support you 100%. As families plan for the start of school we wanted to get this information to you ASAP. More information to come in our weekly Sunday message on 8/23.
Click here to read the entire message from Mrs. Reams.