The Rockin’ Roadrunner program highlights the amazing people who work at Randolph Elementary School. Our most recent feature is the school principal, Mrs. Reams!
10 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I was born in Lexington KY, but was raised in Northern NJ (about 20 miles from NYC) from age 3 on.
- I am a beach and mountain enthusiast. I love a great hike or time at the beach. I love kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and just being in nature. I lived in Hatteras for a number of summers after college.
- I was selected to participate in the 2020 Lifetouch Memory Mission in January 2020, where I helped build an addition to a school in Rio Grande, Dominican Republic. It was a life changing experience.
- I am an athlete. I played soccer and ran track growing up. Prior to having kids I participated in mini triathlons. I hope to get back into that at some point soon!
- I LOVE my job! I was nervous to leave the classroom 9 years ago, because I love teaching, but being a principal is one of the most rewarding roles out there.
- I was raised in a small town. This was just one of the many reasons we moved to Goochland! We wanted a similar experience for our kids.
- I don’t love Star Wars and I haven’t even seen all of the movies, but I love Baby Yoda. He is so cute and the students and I love talking about him.
- I attended UMASS Amherst for undergrad, VCU for my masters, and am currently in the PhD program at VCU for Educational Leadership, Policy and Justice.
- I love to bake! My chocolate chip cookies are a crowd favorite – just ask my kids and my husband!
- Family is the most important thing to me. My husband and I have been married for 13 years, we have two kids that attend RES, and we have three dogs; Mojo, Ramsey and a mini dachshund, Lucy. We are lucky to have friends that feel like family, which is an added bonus!