Welcome to the Randolph Elementary School Library Media Center!
The Randolph Elementary Media Center aims to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users and creators of information. Over 11,000 resources are available to support learning goals for the entire Randolph community!
Students may visit the library every day to exchange books, visit the MakerSpace, take Accelerated Reader tests, complete assignments and research, or quietly read.
Meet Your School Librarian
Mrs. Susan Vaughan is Randolph Elementary’s School Librarian. She is a graduate of Radford University with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, and a Master’s degree in Education from Longwood University. She has been an educator since 1998 with seven years of elementary school classroom teacher experience before making the switch to the school library.
Follow Susan Vaughan for Library updates on Twitter @RoadrunnerLMC
Locate digital or print reading material!
Alexandria Online Catalog Search to see what is available in the RES Library collection.
Epic! Students have free access to this digital library, including 25,000 books and thousands of read-to-me, audiobooks, and learning videos. Please contact classroom teachers for login information.
FollettShelf Students and educators have 24/7 access and visibility to their Follett eBooks, audiobooks, and digital resources. Please see Mrs. Vaughan for your login information.
LightSail Students in the 1:1 iPad program in grades 3-5 have access to the LightSail app, which combines adaptive learning and digital libraries to make literacy programs more effective.
Click here to view the RES Library-Media Center calendar.
In the News…
- November 6: Heather Wilckens (former RES parent and teacher), Skippyjon Jones
- November 6: Beth Ferguson (RES teacher, parent, and the 2017 Goochland Christmas Mother), title TBA
- November 13: Dianna Gordon (former RES Principal), title TBA
- November 20: Dianna Gordon (former RES Principal), title TBA
- November 20: Susan Wilson (RES volunteer and grandparent), ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
- November 27: Jen Waggener (GCPS Director of Special Education), title TBA
- December 4: Roger St. John (RES volunteer and grandparent), title TBA
- December 11: Andy Armstrong (GCPS Executive Director of Business Operations), title TBA
- December 11: Dr. Steve Geyer (GCPS Assistant Superintendent), The Polar Express and/or My Penguin Osbert
- December 18: Dr. Jeremy Raley (GCPS Superintendent), title TBA
- December 18: Krystle Demas (RES Instructional Technology), title TBA